Residential Shelter Aide
Reports to: Shelter Director
Hours: Part-Time, (nights, weekends and holidays as assigned)
Start Date: Immediately
To manage shelter in such a way as to maintain a safe and caring facility. Also, to ensure access to the shelter by clients needing emergency shelter. Ability to work independently.
- Be a great role model
- Oversee the activities in the shelter and care of shelter clients. Provide continuity during evening and weekend hours.
- Answer 24 hour crisis line
- Perform client intakes as needed
- Assist clients with daily needs such as access to linens, personal care items, etc.
- Cleaning and completing house laundry
- Complete paperwork of front desk, clients' files, and statistical records
- Complete entry of any computer data generated during your shift
- Program the security system at night and in the morning.
- Be knowledgeable as to what to do in a crisis and other unusual situations.
- Check areas vacated by a client and do any cleaning, if needed
- Attend any scheduled training meetings
- Be a source of information about services
- Responsible for any related duties as assigned
Return to Top
- Degree is preferred but not required
- Related experience is required
- Ability to work with people in crisis in a helpful, caring manner
- Demonstrates the ability to write clearly, concisely and accurately and keep records.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as assigned
- Ability to answer multi-line phone system
- Excellent communication skills
- Work well individually and in a team
- Computer literacy; experience with Word, Excel and Outlook