Residential Shelter Aide
Reports to: Shelter Director
Hours: Part Time
To manage shelter in such a way as to maintain a safe and caring facility. Also, to ensure access to the shelter by clients needing emergency shelter. Ability to work independently.
- Be a great role model.
- Oversee the activities in the shelter and care of shelter clients. Provide continuity during evening and weekend hours.
- Answer 24 hour crisis line.
- Perform client intakes as needed.
- Assist clients with daily needs such as access to linens, personal care items, etc.
- Complete paperwork of front desk, clients' files, and statistical records.
- Complete entry of any computer data generated during your shift.
- Program the security system at night and in the morning.
- Be knowledgeable as to what to do in a crisis and other unusual situations.
- Check areas vacated by a client and do any cleaning, if needed.
- Attend any scheduled training meetings.
- Be a source of information about services.
- Fill in for other Residential Shelter Aides as necessary.
- Responsible for any related duties as assigned.
Return to Top
- Ability to work with people in crisis in a helpful, caring manner.
Demonstrates the ability to write clearly, concisely and accurately and keep records.
Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as assigned.