Batterer Intervention Program Group Facilitator
Reports to: Associate Executive Director
Hours: Part-Time, 20 hours per week
To assist the facilitator the Batterers Intervention Program group sessions for overcoming exposure to and use of domestic violence
- 1. Complete training on the Emerge curriculum.
- 2. In collaboration with facilitator, use the Emerge curriculum to prepare for and facilitate sessions weekly.
- 3. Help participants explore and evaluate their exposure to and use of domestic violence in relationships.
- 4. Collaborate with direct service staff to support participants during and between sessions.
- 5. Work with volunteer advocates to provide additional support to participants.
- 6. Maintain 20 hours training yearly.
- 7. Additional duties as assigned.
- 1. Meet with all group participants.
- 2. Work with clients on goal setting and obtainment.
- 3. Serve as liaison between Safelight clients and local service agencies.
- 4. Provide resource referral service and follow up with participants.
- 5. Provide follow up services to persons having received services from Safelight.
- 1. Ensure that client records are maintained and that services are documented.
- 2. Ensure that compute records of goals and goals attained information is maintained.
Return to Top
- Bachelors Degree and/or appropriate work experience.
- Experience facilitating or co-facilitating groups
- Knowledge of domestic violence, child development, and parenting
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, concisely and accurately
- Ability to relate other staff members and volunteers