Resale Store Assistant
Reports to: Store Manager
1. To assist with the management of the resale store in order to generate revenues which support agency administration and programs.
2. To provide services to individuals served by Safelight by either provision of direct goods and/or opportunities within the job training program.
A. Store Management and Merchandising
- Assist with processing of donated items, managing the rotation of items and the disposal of donated items in a timely fashion.
- Follow standards set by the Resale Store Manager for the sale of donated items.
- Provide leadership to volunteers.
- Assist with training and supervising store volunteers.
- Assist with training and supervising interns.
- Collaborate with Resale Store Manager and staff to develop strategies to retain customers and increase sales.
- Assist with maintaining the appearance and appeal of the store.
B. Participate in quarterly staff meetings, and periodic trainings.
C. Customer Service
- Provide service to customers which is professional, welcoming and efficient is provided by all staff and volunteers.
- Promote excellence in the customer service experience for all visitors to the thrift store.
- Complete and submit all required paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- Complete deposits in a timely and accurate manner.
Additional duties as assigned.
Return to Top
- Experience in the retail sales field preferred
- Experience overseeing volunteers preferred
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Ability to serve clients in a professional, welcoming and efficient manner
- Accuracy with numbers, detail oriented, ability to organize efficiently
- Computer literacy; experience with Word, Excel